Monthly Food Photo & Art Contest
The Monthly Food Photo & Art Contest is a joint venture between Food Stories &
Food Foto Gallery. FFG is a photo gallery for food photos so not every picture on the site is an entry into the monthly
contest. Some submissions are just for the pure joy of sharing gorgeous food photos; however, in order to be included the monthly contest, you must identify your entry by adding the month in the photo description in a specific format.
When submitting your food photos just place the month/date with a hashtag in the description of your food photo submission. Use a hashtag first, then use two spaces for the month
& two spaces for the year. Photos submitted for March 2015 should have #0315 in the description so votes can be tallied.
January 2015 - #0115
February 2015 - #0215
March 2015 - #0315
April 2015 - #0415
May 2015 - #0515
June 2015 - #0615
July 2015 - #0715
August 2015 - #0815
September 2015 - #0915
October 2015 - #1015
November 2015 - #1115
December 2015 - #1215
IMPORTANT - Only photos with this specific date-hashtag format will be considered for the monthly contest!
After your food images are submitted, voting is easy, too. Let's look at a submission so I can explain a little about how this works.
The monthly winner gets $25 transferred via Paypal (or an equivalent valued prize) so you may want to start submitting your food photos, right away. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for participating!
- Clicking on the picture will take the user to the image that the submitter chose when adding their image to the site. It also changes the number next to the eye graphic to display how many people have viewed the image.
- Clicking on the title text of the image (monthly food photo & art contest, in the example above) will take the user to the individual page on the site for this graphic which is the URL that you would want to provide to friends and family if they want to vote for your image.
- The text under the title is the description which is where the monthly hash-tag will need to be added when submitting images to the contest.
- The heart graphic is the number of users that have liked the image. Not necessarily part of the contest, but nice to know.
Before you hit the submit button, please make certain you read the fine print.
By submitting your image, you are agreeing to the official rules/terms outlined here:
- By entering the contest, all entrants grant Food Stories, LLC permission to display and promote images on our site, newsletters and various marketing materials with full credits being given to the photographer/artist/creator. Slight alterations may be made to properly fit the image to said item/location. We will not sell or distribute your images. Entrant retains all rights to their images at all times.
- Entrant acknowledges that photo submission is their original work or they own the rights to the image. We are not responsible for securing usage rights from third parties.
- Contest runs on the calendar month, ending at midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST) of the last day of the month. All photos entered within a given month become entrants for that specific month.
- Contest is ongoing with a winner every calendar month. Votes are accepted on the site until the end of the current month with the winner generally being announced the first week of the next month.
- Entry is free and is accepted from all ages and all countries.
- All submissions are posted; however, we do reserve the right to refuse/edit any entry.
- Winners of the monthly contest are eligible to re-enter the contest on any given month. In other words, entrants are eligible to win more than once.
- Winner is selected by number of reader votes. Winners have 72 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond then the photo with the next largest number of votes will become the winner. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- In the event that the operation, security or administration of the contest is impaired for any reason, Food Stories LLC may suspend or terminate the contest.
- This contest is sponsored by Food Stories LLC, 340 S Lemon Ave #2822, Walnut CA 91789. FoodStoriesBlog@gmail.com
- Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Prize description: $25 monthly prize. Prizes to be transferred via Paypal account. Winner must have a Paypal account in order to receive cash prize. We do reserve the right to offer an equivalent, alternative prize of the same value. All entries are added to the monthly contest for which the date of their entry is submitted.
Cj - firstname.lastname@example.org